Competition terms and conditions:
1. The promoter of this competition is Columbus Travel Insurance Services Ltd, trading as Columbus Direct, registered in England with company number 06338784, whose registered address is Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU (referred to as the “Promoter”).
2. The Competition is only open to UK residents (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland only) aged 18 or over. Internet access is required.
3. The Competition will run from 5th March 2015 to 23:59 on 31st March 2015 only (the “Competition Period”).
4. The competition can be entered via the following social media platforms:
a. Instagram: Post your picture of your essential kit (one image per entry) onto Instagram, tagging in @Columbus_Direct and using the hashtag #WeLiveNow.
b. Twitter: Tweet your picture of your essential kit (one image per entry) onto Twitter, tagging in @Columbus_Direct and using the hashtag #WeLiveNow.
5. The winner will be judged on who has the best picture. Promoter will have a judging panel with at least one independent person. The judging panel’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. The prize is one of three Jack Wolfskin rucksacks and Jack Wolfskin products (the “Prize”). The Prize will be sent by recorded delivery to the winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility and no liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or damaged whilst in transit to the winner.
7. The judging will take place in the first week of April and the winner will be notiﬁed within seven days.
8. Only one entry per person is permitted per social media platform/ email account. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be declared invalid and disqualified from this competition.
9. No purchase necessary to enter. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups, syndicates or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, corrupted entries or entries from multiple accounts will be accepted. In the event of this clause being breached, the entrant will be disqualified and any Prize awarded will be void. Any malicious or manipulative attempt to influence the Prize will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Promoter. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, refuse to fulfil the Prizes.
10. The Competition is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, or anyone else who is connected to this competition, including third party promotional partners.
11. Your photograph entered into this competition must be the original work of the account holder and not previously published. Entrants confirm they have all necessary consents and releases in order to enter their story and photograph into this competition. Photographs that are or appear to be plagiarised will be disqualified.
12. Entries (including but not limited to text and photographs) for this competition cannot:
a. Infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party;
b. Be violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or be profane or obscene;
c. Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
d. Be offensive or be about hate;
e. Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products, other people, products or companies;
f. Contain trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
g. Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical "samples") without permission;
h. Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead;
i. Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Promoter wishes to associate;
j. Depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
13. Entries made in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Competition.
14. Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
15. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and, if the winner is unable to be contacted after 30 days, or if the prize is unclaimed or declined within 30 days, at the promoter’s absolute discretion, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn from the eligible entries that were received before the end of the competition period.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants provide the Promoter with an exclusive worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish, reproduce, distribute, make available, modify and use the entries, in whole or in part, in any and all media (including print and online). Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won the Prize.
18. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to charges depending on their own individual arrangements for internet access.
19. There is no other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
20. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by promoter but under no circumstances, will the participants’ personal data be published without prior written permission from the participants.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage arising from an inability to enter the Competition due to computer failure, viruses, bugs and other such similar causes, lost, delayed or incomplete entries howsoever arising.
22. Entry to the Competition is dependent upon the entrant entering the Competition via online access not under the ownership or control of the Promoter. The entrant accepts and acknowledges that the Promoter has no liability for loss or damage arising from the entrant interacting with those third party computer systems or similar or any failure, bug, error, corruption or virus in or caused by those third party computer systems or similar.
23. By entering, all entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold Prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website.
24. Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering Prizes) if, in their sole discretion, a Competition is not capable for being conducted as specified. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event of any unforeseen circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
26. The name of the winner may be obtained by sending a signed request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to Marketing Manager, Columbus Travel Insurance Services Limited, Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BU.
27. This Competition is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Google. You are providing your information to the Promoter. By entering the Competition, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Twitter, Facebook or Google.
28. All and any promotional materials and instructions provided at the point of entry form part of these terms and conditions and, in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
29. This Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
30. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.