Columbus Direct Facebook Black Friday and Cyber Monday Prize Draw (“Prize Draw”) Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Columbus Insurance Services Ltd, trading as Columbus Direct, registered in England with company number 2642155, whose registered address is Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU (referred to as the “Promoter”).
2. The Prize Draw is only open to UK residents (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland only) aged 16 or over. It is not open to (specifically but not limited to) Channel Island, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland residents.
3. The Black Friday Prize Draw will run on Facebook from 09:00 on Friday 24th November 2017 to 22:00 on Friday 24th November 2017 only (the “Black Friday Prize Draw Period”). All entries received after the Black Friday Prize Draw Period will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
4. The Cyber Monday Prize Draw will run on Facebook from 09:00 on Monday 27th November 2017 to 22:00 on Monday 27th November 2017 only (the “Cyber Monday Prize Draw Period”). All entries received after the Cyber Monday Prize Draw Period will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted per Facebook account and email address in each Prize Draw.
6. Internet access is required. Participants are required to be members of Facebook and can only enter and participate via Facebook. If participants need to set up a Facebook account, they can do so on Facebook.com and follow the instructions. Entrants must read and comply with the Facebook Terms and Conditions.
7. To enter this Prize Draw entrants must:
7.1. Login to their Facebook account and go to the Promoter’s Facebook page at facebook.com/ColumbusDirectUK;
7.2. Visit the page facebook.com/ColumbusDirectUK, then follow the instructions on the corresponding prize draw post to enter.
8. The winner will be picked from the corresponding Prize Draw’s pool of eligible entries at random, with one winner being announced each hour, on the hour (or close to) from 10am until 10pm on the specified dates of the Prize Draw on the corresponding Prize Draw post.
9. For each Prize Draw, all entries from the time the Prize Draw opens, until it closes will be eligible to win in any of the hourly draws.
10. If you are drawn as a winner in any one of the hourly draw, you will no longer be eligible to win in any of the following draws in that Prize Draw on the same day.
11. The prize is one £10 Amazon e-voucher per hour (the “Prize”). The winners will be notified in the comments section of the post, and the Prize will be sent to them via email once the winner has confirmed their email address via Facebook private message. The use of Amazon e-voucher is subject to the Amazon.co.uk Gift Card and Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions.
12. The winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entrants received on Friday 24th November 2017 and on Monday 27th November 2017 and winners will be notiﬁed on Facebook.
13. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry (including but not limited to verifying the entrants’ proof of age) and the Prize may be withheld until and unless the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
14. General Terms and Conditions:
14.1. The Prize Draw is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, or anyone else who is connected to this Prize Draw, including third party promotional partners.
14.2. The Prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and, if the winner is unable to be contacted after one day, or if the Prize is unclaimed or declined within one day, at the Promoters’ absolute discretion, the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn from the eligible entries that were received before the end of the Prize Draw Period.
14.3. Anyone found to use multiple email addresses or Facebook accounts to enter the Prize Draw will be disqualified.
14.4. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups, syndicates or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
14.5. No purchase is necessary to enter. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to Internet connection charge depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
14.6. There is no other alternative to the Prize stated and the Prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the Prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
14.7. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties, implicit or explicit , as to the entrants’ legal right to participate in the Prize Draw nor shall any of the Promoter’s employees, licensees, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, agents or retailers have the authority to make any such representations or warranties.
14.8. By entering, any entrants and subsequent Prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by Promoter but under no circumstances, will the participants’ personal data be published without prior written permission from the participants.
14.9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage arising from an inability to enter the Prize Draw due to computer failure, viruses, bugs and other such similar causes, lost, delayed or incomplete entries howsoever arising.
14.10. Entry to the Prize Draw is dependent upon the entrant entering the Prize Draw via online access which is not under the ownership or control of the Promoter. The entrant accepts and acknowledges that the Promoter has no liability for loss or damage arising from the entrant interacting with those third party computer systems or similar or any failure, bug, error, corruption or virus in or caused by those third party computer systems or similar.
14.11. Entry will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14.12. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold the Prize for violating any of these terms and conditions. Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s Facebook page.
14.13. Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Prize Draw (including altering prizes) if, in their sole discretion, a prize draw is not capable for being conducted as specified. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
14.15. The Promoter reserves the right to retain any data gathered via the Prize Draw but this will be done in strict accordance with data protection regulations.
14.16. All and any promotional materials and instructions provided at the point of entry form part of these terms and conditions and, in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
14.18. The entrants will hold the Promoter, its employees, officers, directors, licensees, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies harmless and shall fully indemnify the same from any and all costs, expenses, liabilities and damages whatsoever that may arise as a result of (i) their entry into the Prize Draw or (ii) their acceptance of the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, under no circumstances will Promoter be liable for any breach of laws that may occur as a result of their participation in the Prize Draw.
14.19. This Prize Draw and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Prize Draw or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14.20. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.