What are complications of pregnancy?
Complications of pregnancy include various problems that you may face while pregnant, and they are covered in standard travel insurance policies with Columbus Direct. These include
- Gestational hypertension
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Hydatidiform mole (molar pregnancy)
- Post-partum haemorrhage
- Retained placenta membrane
- Placental abruption
- Hyperemesis gravidarum
- Placenta praevia
- Medically necessary emergency Caesarean section
- Medically necessary termination
- Any premature births more than 8 weeks (or 16 weeks in the case of a known multiple pregnancy) prior to the expected delivery date.
The opportunity to take a year out to go traveling around the world, or navigate up the Amazon for six months, doesn’t come around every day. It’s something to snatch up with gusto when it’s offered to you. Embrace the opportunity and see the world, just do it safely. Make sure that you’ve got a back up. Take us with you and you can travel with assurance, knowing we’re with you if you need us.