Travel Insurance to Spain
Jet off with confidence - From just £3.08*
Bienvenido A España!
Spain’s one of Europe’s most popular tourist destinations. The sun, the sea and the delicious food delights thousands of holidaymakers every year - and you’re set to join them! From gorgeous beaches to history-steeped cities, Spain’s got something for everyone.
Spain is a popular holiday destination of choice for many UK holidaymakers, helped by the growth of low-cost airlines in recent years. During 2017, Spain saw 18,779,466 tourists visit from the United Kingdom, which is nearly 23% of all holidaymakers (81,786,364).
The lure of the sandy beaches and year-round mild climate are usually enough to cement Spain as the front-runner for your holiday each year. With a record-breaking 696 Blue Flag sites, including beaches, marina’s and boats, you’re sure to uncover a beautiful spot to sunbathe pretty much wherever you visit on the coast.
Spain isn’t just for the sun-worshippers, 18 cities have been declared World Heritage Cities, and with cities such as Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia with amazing architecture and museums to visit, you can learn a lot about the history of Spain too.GET A QUOTE
Where to visit in Spain?
- Barcelona - Known for its Gaudi inspired architecture and brightly coloured buildings, as well as local markets where you can taste the Catalonian flavours, and not to mention one of the most successful football teams in the world.
- Majorca - If island life is for you, then be sure to visit this gem of the Balearics. Pristine beaches await, where the waves can lap against your feet, or you can embark on a scenic mountain drive, unlocking the beauty of villages such as Valldemossa and Port de Sóller.
- Tenerife - Mount Teide, which is found on the Canary Island, is Spain’s highest peak, and also the most visited National Park in the country. The golden and volcanic sands which stretch across the beaches welcome crystal clear water. Take a boat out to sea and you’re more than likely to see one of the 21 marine mammal species which swim nearby.
- Estepona – Travel in via Spain, or nearby Gibraltar to be welcomed by snug streets and beautiful old style buildings, one of the gems of the Costa del Sol. If you like the bustle of a marina, live fish auctions take place daily, so get a spot in a local bar to witness the fishermen and local business owners in action.
- Costa Brava – If it’s golf you’re travelling for, then the Costa Brava is a good place to start. With 7 courses to choose from, including the Stadium, and the Tour courses at the PGA Catalunya course which has been voted as the best golf course in Spain for 2018.
Do you need travel insurance to visit Spain?
It’s in Europe and not far to travel, but that’s no reason to not purchase travel insurance to cover yourself, and your holiday. Accidents happen unfortunately, and illness have a habit of creeping up when you least expect them, and being in a foreign country can complicate matters for you.
With Columbus Direct, we have a 24/7 emergency medical assistance number which you can use should you find yourself needing to.
Do you need an EHIC card if you have travel insurance?
Your EHIC card entitles you to free medical care in 27 European countries, but you shouldn’t solely rely on it. You could find yourself in a tricky circumstance, including being diverted to a private hospital, who won’t accept the card. So it’s always worth purchasing a travel insurance policy, regardless of where you’re travelling
Low-Cost Policies With Great Protection
With bronze single trip cover starting at just £3.08*, you can save your money for extra holiday spending!
Kids Go FREE With Our Annual Multi-Trip Policies1
Booking more than one break this year? Kids go FREE when you buy an annual family multi-trip policy. Plus, it’s one less thing to remember when you’re booking your holiday!
FREE Airport Lounge Access If Your Flight’s Delayed
Travel With Confidence With Columbus Direct
With 30 years of experience, we know what you need from your travel insurance. You can travel with peace of mind, knowing we’re here for you and your family. So get a quote in minutes and make the most of your next trip!
Terms and Conditions apply
(*) Price based on Bronze policy
(1) Up to four children under the age of 18 (or up to 22 if in full time education) are covered for free on all annual family policies, however this does not include cover for any pre-existing medical conditions.
(3) Policyholder needs to register their flight for free airport lounge access in the event of a delay of one hour or more. All accompanying members must be named on the policy to gain lounge access. View terms and conditions here.