What does our annual travel insurance include?
The plus side to our multi-trip policy is that it offers exactly that. If you’re planning on taking more than one trip within the year to the same, or multiple destinations, you could save yourself some money by purchasing an annual travel insurance policy.
By getting annual cover, you can ensure that you have protection for medical emergencies and flight cancellation, as well as if your luggage is lost, stolen or damaged. You’re also covered for missed connections, travel delays and legal expenses.
Our yearly insurance packages also come with a number of benefits:
- Kids under the age of 2 get free travel cover when you purchase your annual holiday insurance with us.
- Families can travel independently if you purchase a family policy. This includes children if they’re aged 18-22 and are in full-time education.
- Annual travel insurance is available up to and including 74-year-old. Single trip cover is available up to the age of 85.
- You can add cover for pre-existing medical conditions online, although in some instances medical screening may be required.
- There are many different travel insurance policies to suit your specific requirements. Get extra cover for certain sports and activities, and if you’re travelling for business you can add on additional protection for your equipment.
- If one of your holidays involves snow, you can also add Winter Sports and Ski cover to your travel policy.
- You'll automatically be covered for 150 sports and activities at no extra cost.
- You can select European or Worldwide coverage depending on your plans.
Our annual multi-trip policies protect you whether you’re travelling to Europe or Worldwide (including or excluding the USA).
- Cover for UK holidays is included. If you’ve pre-booked accommodation in the UK for 2 nights or more, then your staycation is included too.
When should I start my Annual Multi-Trip policy?
Have you already paid for your next trip? With annual multi-trip insurance, your cover begins on your policy start date. So, if you’ve paid for your flights, accommodation or excursions, we recommend starting your policy right away – to make sure that you have cancellation cover in place should you need to cancel your trip (for example, if you fall ill).
How many times can I go away on a multi-trip travel insurance policy?
Within the year that your travel policy covers, you can travel as many times as you want and still be insured. This means that with annual travel insurance you can enjoy frequent holidays without the need of having to get a new policy each time.
This is as long as your journeys are within the regions that you included in your policy, and any single trip isn’t longer than the limit that you set when you get the policy. You have the option of setting a trip limit of 31, 45 or 60 days, depending on whether you plan to be away longer during for holidays.
Does annual cover include travel within the UK?
Think of all the times you take trips within the UK – business trips, hen dos, the odd stay-cation. It soon adds up – and most of us travel without a second thought to getting travel insurance to cover us. That’s where an annual policy with Columbus can help. Cover for UK trips is included with all our annual multi trip policies, provided you plan to stay at least two nights in pre-booked accommodation. This means that if you have to cancel going to that family wedding because of a stomach bug, you won’t lose out on your non-refundable B&B.
Will I need extra cover for sports and activities on holiday?
All Columbus Direct travel insurance policies have 150 sports and activities covered for free, including archery, snorkelling and zip-lining
If you have activities planned for your trips that aren’t included in the list, there is additional cover that you can add. The adventure pack includes more sports, such as kite surfing, deep sea fishing and camel trekking.
If you are looking to go skiing or snowboarding during the year, you can get our Winter Sports add-on. If you include the package in your policy then you will have protection for accidents that could occur while you are on the slopes, as well as potential helicopter rescues. It also gives you protection for your equipment if it gets damaged, stolen or lost, as well as protection for piste closures and avalanche delays that prevent you from getting out onto the snow.
What are my other travel insurance options?
If you are planning to travel for more than 60 consecutive days you can get backpacker insurance, which provides cover for travellers looking to enjoy an extended stay abroad. It includes cover for emergency care and lost baggage, as well as working abroad* if you plan to earn some extra money while you are away, as long as you are not using machinery.
If you are planning to go on just one trip over the next year, then you might save more money by getting a single trip travel insurance policy. It is a similar process to applying for an annual multi-trip policy, but you will need to choose a time frame for when you want the cover to be valid.
Travel with peace of mind
You might have planned several trips for the next year with lots of adventure ahead of you, but you might then forget to arrange insurance in time for your journeys abroad. If you need something that will be in place all year round, then this policy will work for you. Then if travel insurance does fall to the back of your mind, we’ll remind you when your cover is due for renewal too. Irrespective of when you choose to travel, you’ll be covered. Leave the detail to us.
*No cover under the Personal Liability section.GET A QUOTE AND SAVE 10% NOW
Terms and Conditions:
* Cancellation cover is available with Silver and Gold Policy only
** All cover limits shown are up to the maximum benefit level (Gold Cover), and are per insured person