1. The promoter of this Competition is Columbus Insurance Services Limited, trading as Columbus Direct, registered in England with company number 06338784, whose registered address is Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU (referred to as the “Promoter”).
3. The Competition is only open to UK residents (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland only) aged 18 or over. It is not open to, specifically but not limited to, Channel Island, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland residents.
4. Internet access is required to enter the Competition.
5. The Competition will run from 17 June 2016 to 30 September 2016 only (the “Competition Period”). All entries received after the Competition Period will not be entered into the Competition.
6. Only one entry per person per entry route is permitted.
7. To enter this Competition, entrants must visit the Columbus Direct website and submit their entry during the Competition Period.
8. Entrants can enter the competition via the following routes:
8.1. obtain and email/save a travel insurance quote on the Columbus Direct website;
8.2. purchase an insurance policy with Columbus Direct; or
8.3. email your name, email address and contact telephone number to email@example.com with Star Trek in the subject line; or
8.4. enter the correct answer on the form provided at Where’s Columbus website at: https://www.columbusdirect.com/wheres-columbus/
9. The winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries. The decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The prizes on offer are (the “Prizes”):
1 x four-night break in Florida for two, including return economy flight from United Kingdom to Orlando, accommodation and an Astronaut Training Experience at the NASA Space Centre
8 x action cameras
12 x wireless headphones
2 x levitating speakers
11. For details of the prize package of four-night break in Florida, please see visit https://www.columbusdirect.com/startrek/
12. The Prizes will be sent by recorded delivery to the winners. The Promoter accepts no responsibility and no liability will be accepted by the Promoter if a Prize is lost or damaged whilst in transit to a winner.
13. The winners will be picked on 3rd October, 2016 and will be notiﬁed via email or by such other means as we deem reasonable in the circumstances within seven days of this date.
14. The Prize cannot be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf.
15. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Competition.
16. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups, syndicates or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
17. No incomplete, corrupted entries or entries from multiple accounts will be accepted.
18. In the event of these Terms and Conditions being breached, the entrant will be disqualified and any Prize awarded will be void. Any malicious or manipulative attempt to influence the Prize will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Promoter. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, refuse to fulfil the Prizes.
19. The Competition is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, or anyone else who is connected to this Competition, including third party promotional partners.
20. The Prizes are awarded conditionally upon acceptance and, if a winner is unable to be contacted after 30 days, or if the Prize is unclaimed or declined within 30 days, at the Promoters’ absolute discretion, the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn from the eligible entries that were received before the end of the Competition Period.
21. By entering into the Competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the Prize may be withheld until and unless the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
22. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
23. There is no other alternative to the Prizes stated and the Prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of the Prizes may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
24. By entering, any subsequent Prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by Promoter but under no circumstances, will the participants’ personal data be published without prior written permission from the participants.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage arising from an inability to enter the Competition due to computer failure, viruses, bugs and other such similar causes, lost, delayed or incomplete entries howsoever arising.
26. Entry to the Competition is dependent upon the entrant entering the Competition via online access not under the ownership or control of the Promoter. The entrant accepts and acknowledges that the Promoter has no liability for loss or damage arising from the entrant interacting with those third party computer systems or similar or any failure, bug, error, corruption or virus in or caused by those third party computer systems or similar.
27. By entering, all entrants agree to abide by and be bound by each and all these terms and conditions. Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold Prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website.
28. Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering Prizes) if, in their sole discretion, a Competition is not capable for being conducted as specified. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event of any unforeseen circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
29. The name of the winner may be obtained by sending a signed request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to Marketing Manager, Columbus Travel Insurance Services Limited, Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BU.
30. This Competition is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Google. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter. By entering the Competition, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Twitter, Facebook or Google.
31. All and any promotional materials and instructions provided at the point of entry form part of these Terms and Conditions and, in the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
32. The entrants will hold the Promoter, its employees, officers, directors, licensees, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies harmless and shall fully indemnify the same from any and all costs, expenses, liabilities and damages whatsoever that may arise as a result of (i) their entry into the Competition or (ii) their acceptance of the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, under no circumstances will Promoter be liable for any breach of laws that may occur as a result of their participation in the Competition.
33. This Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
34. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
Additional Terms and Conditions for the Prize winner of prize package of four-night break in Florida
35. By accepting the prize package of four-night break in Florida, the winner and his/her guest agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by Promoter.
36. The “Star Trek Beyond- Go Beyond at the Kennedy Space Centre!” ( the “Star Trek Conditions”) forms part of this Terms and Conditions and both terms and conditions shall be construed as one document . For details, please visit [x]. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Star Trek Conditions , these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
38. It is recommended that winner and his/her guest to purchase car insurance should they choose to travel by self drive hired car. The winner and his/her guest will be solely responsible for any damages to the hired car.
39. The Promoter will not be held responsible for the winner and/or his/her guest not being able to take advantage of the prize due to health or any other reason beyond the Promoter’s control.
40. Flights provided are subject to availability and flights may be changed or cancelled by the airline for administrative reasons without prior notice.
41. The winner may request the departure airport within the United Kingdom provided that it has a direct flight to Orlando.
42. The Promoter may at its sole discretion propose alternative departure dates of the travel to the winner if the winner’s requested travel dates incurs excessive expenses on the Promoter.
43. Further connecting flights will not be available to the winner and his/her guest.
44. The Promoter will book the tickets based on the information provided by the winner. Once confirmed, no amendment can be made to the bookings.
45. The winner and his/her guest will be solely responsible any flight extras, including but not limited to pre-allocated seats, extra legroom seats, the carriage of sports equipment or extra baggage charge.