We at Columbus want to journey with you, wherever you choose to go. To be your insurance policy for when the unexpected occurs.
Whether you want to backpack around Australia, ski in the Alps or simply lay on a beach with a palm tree for shade, we can offer an insurance package to meet your needs. We’ve protected over 15 million travellers’ worldwide since 1988 and with our award winning customer service and simple claims process, we’re the helping hand you can rely on. So don’t forget to take us with you on your travels. Live life to the full, have a carefree holiday, knowing we’ve got you covered.
All our policies provide protection for the following eventualities:
- When you need emergency medical expenses.
- If your holiday is cancelled or cut short.
- 150 activities are included within your policy at no extra cost.
- Your baggage is covered if lost, stolen or delayed.
- Hospital Benefit provided in times of illness.
- Physiotherapy benefit to help with recuperation following an accident.
- Legal expenses will be paid for.
- Built in protection against Personal Liability.
- You’ll be compensated for scheduled airline failure.
- You’ll be helped if you suffer from travel delays.
- The added security of Personal Accident Cover is included.
- You’ll be compensated for a missed departure.
So why should you bother with travel insurance?
We all know that life can throw us a curve ball and that the unexpected can happen. The question is, can you live with the consequences, especially when you find yourself far from home? Imagine if you encountered any of the following:
- You’re involved in an accident and need emergency medical attention. Who will pay for it?
- Your scheduled airline is declared bankrupt leaving you short of a flight. How do you get home?
- Your flight is cancelled or delayed due to an unforeseen natural disaster. What happens to your holiday?
- Your wallet is stolen and you have no emergency cash to fall back on. Who can you turn to?
- A close family member falls ill and your trip has to be cancelled. Do you lose all your money?
- Your baggage is lost or delayed in transfer. Who’s going to pay for a new toothbrush and other essentials when you need them most?
According to the latest independent research by Mintel, 9 out of 10 of us consider insurance to be an essential purchase when travelling abroad. The possibility of a crisis, spiralling costs and having to face the situation alone, is not worth the risk for many of us. What do you think?
So what’s your alternative? Well, you could apply for one of our tailor made insurance packages and allow us to shoulder the responsibility instead. Go and enjoy your holiday, safe in the knowledge that we’ll be there for you if you need us.
Latest from our blog View more
Five backpacker life hacks to take around the globe
Backpacking around the world is one of those experiences that everyone should enjoy - and the great thing is that taking a gap year is no longer the sole preserve of young people. No matter what your age, you'll need to be really clever about what you fill your trusty backpack with, as space is limi... Read more
Ash Cloud worries for Holidaymakers
The aviation industry has today been warned about potential flight disruptions due to powerful seismic activity recorded at Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano in the past three days. The Met Office recorded the earthquake as the strongest in the region since 1996 and upgraded the status to orange – the f... Read more
Catching British nationals out abroad
FCO encourages people to be better prepared by researching the local laws and customs of their holiday destination before travel.
Every year British nationals risk getting caught out by local laws and customs when travelling overseas. From driving a dirty car in Russia, to wearing camouflage cloth... Read more
Not too late to book a family summer holiday
Summer goes all too quickly; it feels like only yesterday that we were all pining for the sun to get itself into gear. And yet here we are a month or two later; we've had the hottest day of the year so far, and for a while there parts of the UK were hotter than in Hawaii. Aloha!
But you know what? ... Read more
Where to go this August bank holiday?
It's the last one of the year - at least until Christmas rolls around all-too-quickly. Bank holidays are the perfect excuse to book a little getaway with your partner, friends or family (before the kids go back to school). August 25 is a great time to have one, too. The sun is still shining, the fi... Read more