We at Columbus want to journey with you, wherever you choose to go. To be your insurance policy for when the unexpected occurs.
Whether you want to backpack around Australia, ski in the Alps or simply lay on a beach with a palm tree for shade, we can offer an insurance package to meet your needs. We’ve protected over 15 million travellers’ worldwide since 1988 and with our award winning customer service and simple claims process, we’re the helping hand you can rely on. So don’t forget to take us with you on your travels. Live life to the full, have a carefree holiday, knowing we’ve got you covered.
All our policies provide protection for the following eventualities:
- When you need emergency medical expenses.
- If your holiday is cancelled or cut short.
- 150 activities are included within your policy at no extra cost.
- Your baggage is covered if lost, stolen or delayed.
- Hospital Benefit provided in times of illness.
- Physiotherapy benefit to help with recuperation following an accident.
- Legal expenses will be paid for.
- Built in protection against Personal Liability.
- You’ll be compensated for scheduled airline failure.
- You’ll be helped if you suffer from travel delays.
- The added security of Personal Accident Cover is included.
- You’ll be compensated for a missed departure.
So why should you bother with travel insurance?
We all know that life can throw us a curve ball and that the unexpected can happen. The question is, can you live with the consequences, especially when you find yourself far from home? Imagine if you encountered any of the following:
- You’re involved in an accident and need emergency medical attention. Who will pay for it?
- Your scheduled airline is declared bankrupt leaving you short of a flight. How do you get home?
- Your flight is cancelled or delayed due to an unforeseen natural disaster. What happens to your holiday?
- Your wallet is stolen and you have no emergency cash to fall back on. Who can you turn to?
- A close family member falls ill and your trip has to be cancelled. Do you lose all your money?
- Your baggage is lost or delayed in transfer. Who’s going to pay for a new toothbrush and other essentials when you need them most?
According to the latest independent research by Mintel, 9 out of 10 of us consider insurance to be an essential purchase when travelling abroad. The possibility of a crisis, spiralling costs and having to face the situation alone, is not worth the risk for many of us. What do you think?
So what’s your alternative? Well, you could apply for one of our tailor made insurance packages and allow us to shoulder the responsibility instead. Go and enjoy your holiday, safe in the knowledge that we’ll be there for you if you need us.
Latest from our blog View more
How the new airport security measures may impact your travel plans
The opportunity to travel is one of life's greatest luxuries. We all want to feel secure when travelling and are used to adopting new rules if it means we can fly in safety. The US government's latest announcement, however, has caused some confusion. It rules that airport passengers must be able to... Read more
Five festival gadgets you need this summer
Music festivals offer the perfect opportunity to enjoy a weekend of inhibition-losing - a time to let your hair down, get muddy and have fun with the people and bands you love. The fact that we spend hundreds of pounds to sleep in makeshift shelters, cook on small fires and sit on the floor listenin... Read more
Keep your stuff safe at festivals
With the festival season in full swing, the summer months are set to be jam-packed with all-day festivals, weekend offerings and five-day camping extravaganzas, offering music lovers their own personal Mecca - for a few days, at least.
Unfortunately, a gathering of 100,000 people in a field can som... Read more
Business Travel Conference 2014 FCm Travel Solutions
As many businesses continue to expand globally, reaching out to meet the new rising middle classes now with internet access, business travel can end up being a regular workout. Flying frequently limbers you up; you want to be simultaneously comfortable and effective, organise travel arrangements tha... Read more
Columbus Direct Brand Evolution
You may have noticed our updated logo and the make-over we’ve given to Columbus the dog – we hope you like what we’ve done.We thought you might be interested in seeing how the brand has changed over the last 25 years, so we’ve put together a short video so you can see the evolution of both the logo ... Read more