We at Columbus want to journey with you, wherever you choose to go. To be your insurance policy for when the unexpected occurs.
Whether you want to backpack around Australia, ski in the Alps or simply lay on a beach with a palm tree for shade, we can offer an insurance package to meet your needs. We’ve protected over 15 million travellers’ worldwide since 1988 and with our award winning customer service and simple claims process, we’re the helping hand you can rely on. So don’t forget to take us with you on your travels. Live life to the full, have a carefree holiday, knowing we’ve got you covered.
All our policies provide protection for the following eventualities:
- When you need emergency medical expenses.
- If your holiday is cancelled or cut short.
- 150 activities are included within your policy at no extra cost.
- Your baggage is covered if lost, stolen or delayed.
- Hospital Benefit provided in times of illness.
- Physiotherapy benefit to help with recuperation following an accident.
- Legal expenses will be paid for.
- Built in protection against Personal Liability.
- You’ll be compensated for scheduled airline failure.
- You’ll be helped if you suffer from travel delays.
- The added security of Personal Accident Cover is included.
- You’ll be compensated for a missed departure.
So why should you bother with travel insurance?
We all know that life can throw us a curve ball and that the unexpected can happen. The question is, can you live with the consequences, especially when you find yourself far from home? Imagine if you encountered any of the following:
- You’re involved in an accident and need emergency medical attention. Who will pay for it?
- Your scheduled airline is declared bankrupt leaving you short of a flight. How do you get home?
- Your flight is cancelled or delayed due to an unforeseen natural disaster. What happens to your holiday?
- Your wallet is stolen and you have no emergency cash to fall back on. Who can you turn to?
- A close family member falls ill and your trip has to be cancelled. Do you lose all your money?
- Your baggage is lost or delayed in transfer. Who’s going to pay for a new toothbrush and other essentials when you need them most?
According to the latest independent research by Mintel, 9 out of 10 of us consider insurance to be an essential purchase when travelling abroad. The possibility of a crisis, spiralling costs and having to face the situation alone, is not worth the risk for many of us. What do you think?
So what’s your alternative? Well, you could apply for one of our tailor made insurance packages and allow us to shoulder the responsibility instead. Go and enjoy your holiday, safe in the knowledge that we’ll be there for you if you need us.
Latest from our blog View more
BBQs around the world
The sun is high in the sky and it’s a hot day. Your good friends are all around you. And you’ve got control of the barbeque and have a great selection of steak, roast pork (with crackling), lamb chops and someone made a killer pistachio and peach salad. Now look to your left and see the view. It’s t... Read more
Dealing with one of the busiest holiday weekends of the year
The summer holidays are in full swing and as we approach the tail-end of July and August, you and the kids may well be flocking to your nearest airport to head abroad for a week or two.
Five tips for keeping the kids calm on holiday
"Are we there yet?" "But I don't want to go!" "I feel sick..." Ah, the joys of taking the little ones on holiday, eh? You've saved up all year for this holiday, paying the hiked up out-of-term-time fares through gritted teeth, yet the ki ds are not sharing your enthusiasm. From tantrums and travel s... Read more
Columbus Wins Best Online Travel Insurance Provider 2014 award
We are proud to announce that Columbus Direct has won a prestigious Your Money award – Best Online Travel Insurance Provider 2014. This is the second time we have won the award, the last time being in 2012. Now in their 17th year, the Your Money Awards are the longest standing awards in the industry... Read more
Foreign Travel Insurance: Caution and Common Sense for Holidays in Portugal
There’s a freedom in Portugal that infiltrates your senses and gives you tingles. Strolling from Unesco world heritage sites, challenging hiking trails, some of Europe’s finest beaches, medieval houses, Roman temples, through Moorish alleys, Portugal has it all bathed in year-round sunshine. What is... Read more