Your holidays are one of the most important times of the year, its your chance to relax and unwind. And we can help you enjoy total peace of mind whilst you are away.
This is how we compare
|Columbus Direct||£10 million||£3,000||£2,000||£10.02||£32.82|
|Direct Line||£10 million||£5,000||£1,500||£29.21||£47.78|
* Prices based on an individual aged 18-49 travelling to Europe on a Bronze policy.
** Discounts do not apply to any additional medical conditions or policy options requiring an additional premium payment.
*** Prices shown in the table were collected in July 2016 for an individual aged 30. Columbus price is for a Silver policy including the discount and is compared to policies with similar levels of benefits from the competitors listed.Get a Quote
It’s your world - enjoy it
Columbus Direct is a leading travel insurance specialist, established in 1988 - and we’ve insured over 15 million people since then.
Whether you want to backpack around Australia, ski in the Alps or simply lay on a beach with a good book, we can offer a tailor-made policies to meet your needs.
We know how much your holidays mean to you and your family. That’s why we want to make sure you’re able to completely relax when you fly away, safe in the knowledge we’ll protect you.
Our award-winning 24-hour emergency medical assistance team is always on hand if you need them. Plus, our simple, reliable approach to claims means that if you need to claim, it’ll be a straightforward process. We’re committed to being there for you when you need us most, and helping you in your time of need.
You deserve the best care and the chance to fully relax; we’re the helping hand you can rely on. Live your life to the full and enjoy a carefree holiday, knowing we’re here if you need us.
Don’t forget to get in touch with us if you have any questions about your insurance, or you’d like to find out more. You can contact us on 0800 0680 060 or by using the contact form on our website.
We also have an easy-to-use dedicated FAQ section.
Columbus has a range of policies with different levels of cover, our policies provide protection for the following:
- FREE airport lounge access if your flight is delayed for more than one hour
- Emergency medical expenses up to £15 million
- Remuneration if your holiday is unexpectedly cancelled or cut short up to £5,000
- 150 activities, including scuba diving, are included at no extra cost
- Your baggage and belongings will be covered if lost, stolen or delayed, up to a value of £2,500
- Compensation for scheduled airline failure up to £5,000
- Cover for missed departure up to £1,500
- Loss of cash up to £300 and loss of passport covered up to £500
- Legal expenses taken care of up to £25,000
- Up to £2,000 Hospital benefit in case you or your family are hospitalised fall ill
- Physiotherapy benefit to help with recuperation back home following an accident
- Personal Liability protection up to £2 million Personal Accident Cover included
Why should you buy travel insurance?
Life occasionally throws a curveball, and if you’re abroad, this can be a challenging experience. The chances of something unforeseen happening are slim, but it’s always best to think about the unexpected. For example, what happens if you or your family need unexpected medical attention? What about if you lose your expensive sports kit, or your wallet and phone go walkabout?
These things can happen, but if you’re insured by Columbus, you can jet off in complete confidence, knowing that we’ll come to the rescue if your plans change. We can take care of your medical bills if you’re ill, we’ll cover you for missing, lost or damaged bags and even provide an allowance to purchase essential items in the event that your checked-in baggage is delayed over a certain period of time.. Put simply, you’ll never be alone - we’ll just be a phone call away.
Apply for one of our tailor-made policies, and allow us to shoulder the responsibility instead. You’re free to go and make the most of your holiday; It’s your world - enjoy it!
Frequently Asked Questions:
I’ve just turned 50 – will you be able to protect me abroad?
Will Columbus Direct be able to help me if I’m 55?
I’m over 65 – will you still insure me?
I’m travelling with children aged under 16 – do they need insurance?
Will you take medical conditions into account?
I’m a student - can I get insurance?
I’m travelling with my family – will you provide us with a family policy?
What about backpackers?
I’m pregnant – am I still considered eligible?
Will my health insurance protect me abroad?
If I travel for work, is there a business add-on?
Can I buy annual multi trip insurance?
What about long stay travel?
Can I buy gap year protection?
Are there cheaper products available?
How can I find cheap travel insurance?
How do you compare to other providers?*
Which is the best insurance provider in the UK?
Do you insure travel to Cuba?
Can I get coverage for travel in Europe?
Does my EHIC card cover me if I’m travelling to Europe?
Can I buy insurance for travel to the USA?
Do minors under 17 need a policy?
* Prices shown in the table were collected in February 2016 for an individual aged 30. Single trip policies for 7 days travel. Columbus price is for a Silver policy and is compared to policies with similar levels of benefits from the competitors listed.
Columbus Direct ® is a trademark of COLUMBUS TRAVEL INSURANCE SERVICES LIMITED.